Why I Blog . . .

At 36 years old, I had a little mid-life crisis and "Triathlon" seemed to be the cure. I had never been a competitve athlete and I'm a working Mom with 3 kids at home . . . so it's crazy. I seem to find myself updating my Facebook status so much about this new thing in my life and thought . . . maybe ALL of my Facebook friends aren't really interested! So, I have created a blogspot and those who give a toot can get all the crazy details. And I can VENT. And if you're a crazy Triathlete too . . . please share!



Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Shoes, Double-Digit Mileage and Other Good News

Since my last update - a few things have changed.


First - NEW SHOES. Check out my new Nikes, equipped with . . . . wait for it . . . .BUNION WINDOWS!! (The Bunion Window is the oval shaped mesh.) So, my feet really love these shoes. No throbbing bunion pain after running and they are super lightweight (which I need because the rest of me is not super lightweight!). And let's face it - when you're wearing Nike gear, you "JUST DO IT", right??


Second - since my last update, I have completed TWO double-digit runs. Last Saturday I ran 10 miles and this morning I ran 11 miles. INSANITY!! But I did it! And I must say, my pain reduction regimen seems to be working. Motrin, Ice, Stretching, Foam Roller (getting easier). I use the foam roller right before my run and I think that helps! Now . . . I'm not saying that I am pain free at the end of 11 miles. But in comparison to my 9 mile run - it's about 80% reduced! So, I can manage that level of pain. I did give birth to four children, after all . . . three of them without even ONE Motrin! So, c'mon . . .


On a side note - can I just say that I love my doctor?? After my office visit, he mailed me some information on how to avoid running injuries. How sweet! But I had to laugh out loud while reading . . . it said not to run more than 45 miles per week . . . ummm, NO PROBLEM! I'll cut back right away, Doc.


Another side note . . . I burn 1239 calories when I run 11 miles. So . . . there was a Girl Scout cookie or two on my lunch plate today . . . I'm just saying, I earned it!


We're 2 weeks out from the big day . . . next week is my 12 miles run . . .

I'll keep y'all posted!!!

1 comment: