Why I Blog . . .

At 36 years old, I had a little mid-life crisis and "Triathlon" seemed to be the cure. I had never been a competitve athlete and I'm a working Mom with 3 kids at home . . . so it's crazy. I seem to find myself updating my Facebook status so much about this new thing in my life and thought . . . maybe ALL of my Facebook friends aren't really interested! So, I have created a blogspot and those who give a toot can get all the crazy details. And I can VENT. And if you're a crazy Triathlete too . . . please share!



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Does Everyone in Davis RUN?

Dressed in layers to protect my poor lizard body from the cold, I did manage to meet up with my running group at 8:30 this morning. It wasn't pretty - or rather, I wasn't pretty.



And this is how I was feeling too . . .

But 5 miles happened at a very slow pace - let's just leave it at that. I think it was a wise decision to join a training group - the running routes planned out for you alone are worth it! Believe it or not, one of the biggest challenges for me is planning a running route. And once this training program is done, I'll still have all these routes for future runs (oh joy).

But I need just a moment here to ask a question: DOES EVERYONE IN DAVIS RUN???? There were so many people on the bike paths, on the roads, all running with their little hydration packs and talking cheerfully. They were everywhere! And as I was considering the population of Davis, CA - I'm pretty sure we have a disproportionally high number of runners. And now I'm one of them.

I'm one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment